– This post is work in progress –
I’m a huge fan of travel rankings, for they inspire me to dream of new places…
My ten favorite nature places are (in some sort of preference order):
- Mount Everest and the Himalayas (Nepal and China)
- Perito Moreno (Argentina)
- Iguazu Falls (Argentina and Brazil)
- Maasai Mara and Serengeti (Kenya and Tanzania)
- Lencois Maranheses (Brazil)
- Antelope Canyon (USA)
- Canaima and Angel Falls (Venezuela)
- Polynesian lagoons and motus (French Polynesia)
- Grand Canyon (USA)
- Northern Lights in Alaska (USA)
Wow this list is harder to write than I thought, I had to leave out amazing places like the Amazon river (Brazil et al), Corcovado, Manuel Antonio and Rio Celeste (Costa Rica), Halong Bay (Vietnam), Uluru and the Red Center (Australia), Cappadocia (Turkey), the Kelimutu Volcano (Indonesia), the waterfalls and volcanic fields of Iceland, Atacama desert (Chile), the Alps (Switzerland et al), rice terraces (Indonesia, Philippines), Yellowstone, other national parks and the Napali Coast (USA), Banff (Canada), or Ngorongoro (Tanzania).
And obviously there are a lot of places that I still haven’t been to, and will surely alter my list: Galapagos Islands (Ecuador), Okavango Delta (Botswana), Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia), Plitvice Lakes (Croatia), Antartica,… Let’s never stop traveling!!