- Waitomo glowworms
- Tongariro Crossing hike
- Abel Tasman beaches and hike
- Cook National Park hike and the views from Lake Pukaki
- Road trip, and stop in so many great spots: lush hills in the North Island, Huka Falls, Punakaiki pancake rocks, Blue Pools, Lake Tekapo, etc.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Geothermal parks in and around Rotorua
- Fox Glacier hike (probably a must do if you manage to do the heli hike)
- Milford Sound cruise
- Queenstown city walks and Ben Lomond hike
- Bay of Islands beaches and cruise
- Christchurch and the Transalpine railway
- More hikes: Routeburn Wanaka, etc.
- 2 weeks
- Rental car or RV
- Flight between islands (more convenient and cheaper than crossing the rental car)
- Auckland and the first wonder of the trip: the Waitomo glowworms
- The geothermal amusement park of Rotorua
- Tongariro Crossing, the best day hike in the world?
- 2 days tramping and camping in Abel Tasman
- Glaciers, blue pools and more, driving down NZ’s South Island
- Mount Cook and the mos beautiful lakes on the planet
- Cruising and camping in Milford Sound
- Best things to do in and around Queenstown